Our grooming salon is open!
Our treatments rooms are located in the back of the boutique behind a secure glass door. It features a waiting doggie lounge complete with beds, and three additional gates for safety. Your pet's well-being, safety and comfort is our #1 priority 🐾
waiting play area
triple gate system
From a bath and tidy to the full spa treatment, we'll tailor to your barking babies™ needs with the rrroyal treatment! We do not cage/kennel* but rather book our grooming sessions one furbaby at a time and provide a fun waiting area for drop-off and pick-up. We want your dog's experience to be fun and as stress-free as possible!
*Currently during COVID-19, please pick up your dog immediately after we call for pick up to avoid cross contamination. Thank you for your cooperation.
All of our shampoos, conditioners, and cleaning products are chemical free. Let us know in advance if you or your dog have any allergies or skin problems that require special treatment like our hypoallergenic or allergy skin shampoos and conditioners.
Our grooming facilities accommodate dogs up to 20 pounds.
grooming menu + pricing
The cost for grooming your dog depends on size, breed, style of haircut, de-matting and behaviour. 🐾
This is a full haircut of the body with bath, blow dry, brush out, ear cleaning, nail/foot trim, sanitary and face trim. For basic groom we use clippers to trim the fur and scissors to shape face & feet. For scissor cut groom, we use moslty scissors to shape the entire coat. Extra fees can occur if we need to de-matt the coat.
scissor cut groom
BATH & TIDY GROOM
This is not a full haircut. The bath & tidy groom is a full bath, blow dry, brush out, ear cleaning, nail/foot trim, sanitary and face trim. There is no body haircut. The bath & blow groom is a full bath with blow dry, brush out & ear cleaning. Extra fees can occur if we need to de-matt the coat.
bath & tidy groom
bath & blow groom
PUPPY'S FIRST TIME
It can be a really scary experience for Puppy's first groom and this is why we do not offer full service haircut for the first visit. The puppy's first groom is a bath, blow dry, very light brush out, ear cleaning & simple face, foot, nail, sanitary trim as needed. For puppies under 14 weeks of age.
puppy's first time
- tiny service: $35 and up
- small service: $45 and up
You can order add on services to your dog's groom:
a la carte
what are matts and de-matting?
We charge $1/minute for de-matting. We will only de-matt if your dog's tolerates it. This is added to you bill.
Dogs groomed on a regular basis adjust and cooperate to the routine of brushing and bathing. Dogs that are not groomed every 4 to 6 weeks may become matted, their fur knotting in many areas. You may not even notice as it is so close to the skin! We remove matts by splitting, thinning and then brushing them out.
Double coated dogs like Poms have an undercoat that is short, soft fur that can get packed with dead fur blocking airflow. We comb out these dead hairs which we also call de-matting. We do not shave double coated breeds. We will only do so if it is absolutely necessary for medical reasons, as shaving can destroy the double coat.
Matting occurs from:
- lack of grooming
- coat overgrowth
- not routinely being brushed
- not being combed through prior to getting wet
- stresses like moving, sickness and travel
If matting is severe and is close to the skin, our clipper has to get under the matts, to the skin line, to remove them. This is the only humane way to remove these matts.
Matted coats are also hard on our equipment and in some cases require two haircuts, the first to remove the matted coat prior to bathing and a second to even up the coat after bathing. Health conditions may be revealed by removing a matted coat. We are not responsible for sores, hotspots, redness etc. that get uncovered. You are required to sign a form if matts are severe.
- Cancellations: please call at least 24 hours prior to your appointment to cancel or reschedule.
- If an appointment is missed 2 times, we will take full payment to book next groom.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late to your scheduled appointment, we may not be able to perform your scheduled grooming services (we don't want to keep our other clients waiting!)
- We ask that you pick up your dog within an hour and a half of our call. *Currently during COVID-19, please pick up your dog immediately after we call for pick up to avoid cross contamination. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Should your dog display aggressive behaviour towards our groomers, we will make all attempts to finish grooming your pet with a muzzle. Should your dog bite and break the skin of any of our staff, a $25 fee will be added to your bill. If your dog continues to displays aggressive behaviour and our groomer is unable to complete your appointment, you may be charged a partial fee for the amount of time spent attempting to groom them.
The safety of our staff, other dogs and your dog's well-being is our #1 priority 🐾
We offer grooming services every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday from 9am - 4pm.
to book grooming
Please call us from Wednesday to Sunday between 9am - 2pm and our groomer will book your grooming appointment. 604-647-2275.
Alternatively you can email us with your name, phone number, your dog's name & breed and if you have groomed with us before. We will call you back within 48 hours with the next availability.
Our current COVID-19 hours of operation:
WEDNESDAY: 10AM - 5PM
SATURDAY: 10AM - 5PM
Note that these hours of operation can change at any notice.
We ask that if you enter barking babies:
- You’re not sick
- You haven’t been anywhere near anyone who’s sick (with or without COVID-19)
- You haven’t returned to Canada from another country (including the US) within the last month
- You use hand sanitizer/antiseptic wipes before you enter, apply a mask if you have one or we will provide
- You follow physical distancing floor signs we've implemented in shop
- You remove all your dogs' belongings prior to drop off for grooming so to prevent cross contamination
- You pick up your dog immediately after we call for grooming to prevent cross contamination
IF DOOR IS LOCKED CALL 604-647-2275 & WE WILL MEET YOU
We use top VETERINARIAN sanitation for the grooming area. We also use rubbing alcohol on our POS and credit card machine after each transaction.
Our top priority is not just to keep ourselves safe, but also YOU and your dogs. We want everyone to feel confident coming in to purchase or for grooming appointments. We don’t want anybody to feel uncomfortable or unsafe and the only way to do this is if we all respect the directives and follow the same protocols. Be kind to one another.
We will continue to monitor and adapt as necessary to ensure everyone’s safety. Thank you for your cooperation!
barking babies 🐾🧡