Welcome to the barking babies™ dog grooming spaw, the chicest one-stop shop for the hautest hounds in town! Our spaw menu covers several grooming options and the best doggie stylists on hand for muttastic grooming makeovers. Finish off your dog’s stay with shopping our carefully curated selection of doggie duds from around the world.
Our treatments rooms are located in the back of the boutique behind a secure glass door. It features a waiting doggie lounge complete with beds, and three additional gates for safety. Your dog’s well-being, safety and comfort is our #1 priority.
Due to the size of our spaw grooming facility, we can only accommodate dogs under 30 pounds.
waiting play area
triple gate system
From a bath and tidy to the full spa treatment, we'll tailor to your barking babies™ needs with the rrroyal treatment!
We do not cage/kennel but rather book our grooming sessions one furbaby at a time and provide a gated waiting area for drop-off and pick-up. We want your dog's experience to be as stress-free and fun as possible!
All of our shampoos, conditioners, and cleaning products are chemical free.
Let us know in advance if your dog has any allergies or skin problems that require special attention like our hypoallergenic or allergy skin shampoos and conditioners.
You may also bring your own medicated shampoo.
grooming menu + pricing
The cost for grooming depends on size, breed, style of haircut, and any additional services like dematting/deshedding. Our groomers will give you an estimate at the time of your drop off consultation.
Some examples of category:
* This is a breed guideline. Price does adjust to any extra time needed for the size of groom
- tiny: puppies, yorkies, chihuahua, maltese
- small: puppies, yorkies, maltese, poms, toy poodles, chihuahua
- medium: yorkies, poms, shitzu, doxies, toy poodles, terriers
- large: mini poodles, king charles, westies, shitzu, schnauzers, terriers
- xlarge: mini doodles, cavapoos, corgi
Sorry we can not accommodate bigger breeds over 30 pounds due to the size of our facilities.
This is a full haircut of the body.
This service includes: bath, blow dry, 15 minutes brush out, ear cleaning, nail/foot trim, sanitary and face trim.
Extra fees can occur if dematting or shaving is necessary (see below about dematting & shaving).
We use clippers to trim the fur and scissors to shape face & feet only.
scissor cut groom
We primarily use scissors to shape the face, feet and entire body.
BATH & TIDY GROOM
This is not a full haircut.
This service includes bath, blow dry, 15 minutes brush out, ear cleaning, nail/foot trim, sanitary and face trim. Extra fees can occur if dematting is necessary (see below about dematting).
bath & tidy groom
PUPPY'S FIRST GROOM
A puppy's first groom can be a scary experience which is why we do not offer full service haircut for the first visit. Puppy's first groom includes: bath, blow dry, very light brush out, ear cleaning & simple face, foot, nail, sanitary trim as needed.
We reserve this service for puppies UNDER 14 weeks of age.
- tiny service: $40 and up
- small service: $45 and up
- medium service: $50 and up
- large service: $55 and up
You can order add on services to your dog's groom:
a la carte
what are mats and dematting?
Matting is a condition in your dog's fur/hair that is caused by dense tangles and knots. Matting occurs from:
- lack of daily routine such as combing, brushing
- not combing through prior to getting wet
- not combing through while lifting puppy coat
- stresses like seasonal allergies, moving, sickness and travel
Any signs of matting will be brought up during your consultation. If your dog has mats less than 25% of body and tolerates dematting, we remove mats by splitting, thinning and brushing them out. For double coated dogs, like Poms, we comb/brush out these dead hairs.
cost for dematting & deshedding services:
- $1/minute for dematting - $10 to $30 but not more than 30 minutes
- $1/minute for deshedding double coats - $15 to $60 but not more than 1 hour
- These additional fees are added to your grooming bill
If matting covers more than 25% of your dog's body, removing manually can be extremely painful so the shaving technique is often the best approach.
We want you to know that shaving to the skin is not a "short-cut" to grooming. Shaving is a slow, tedious and dangerous process that must be handled with experience and care. We are working on areas of your dog where skin is most liekly thin and irritated. There is a possibility of red or itchy skin post groom. Matted coats are also hard on our equipment and in some cases require two haircuts, the first to remove the matted coat prior to bathing and a second to even up the coat after bathing.
cost for shaving services:
- $25 shave off fee
- This additional fees are added to your grooming bill
- You will be required to sign a waiver
- You will be give an after care sheet
Bottom line? Prevention is the best way to deal with mats!
Brushing combing at home and grooming on an ongoing basis will help prevent mats from developing. By preventing matting, you’ll prevent or reduce the need for shaving, and thus reduce the incidence of skin irritation for your four-legged baby!
We have tools in store to show you how to use to better manage your dog's overall coat condition.
- Please call at least 24 hours prior to your appointment to cancel or reschedule, if not you will be billed a $45 no show fee on your next groom
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late to your scheduled appointment, we may not be able to perform your scheduled grooming services (we don't want to keep our other clients waiting!)
- We ask that you pick up your dog within 15 minutes of our call
- Dogs must be up-to-date on vaccines and healthy - any dogs appearing ill or sick please do not bring in, and if we notice any coughing, fever we will ask for immediate pick up
- Should your dog display aggressive behaviour towards our groomers, we will make all attempts to finish grooming your pet with a muzzle. Should your dog bite and break the skin of any of our staff, a $25 fee will be added to your bill. If your dog continues to displays aggressive behaviour and our groomer is unable to complete your appointment, you may be charged a partial fee for the amount of time spent attempting to groom them. The safety of our staff and your dog's well-being is our #1 priority
to book grooming
We offer grooming every day from 9am - 5pm.
We have 2 doggie stylists on hand for your grooming needs!
1) Kristy - books every Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday
2) Veronica - books every Monday, Tuesday & Friday
IF YOU HAVE NOT GROOMED WITH US BEFORE:
We just need a little bit more information as we want to pick the best groomer for your dog's needs! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your dog's name, dog's breed, your phone number and we will call or email you back with soonest availability.
IF YOU HAVE GROOMED WITH US BEFORE:
Please give us a call us during business hours at 604-647-2275 to book another appointment with your preferred groomer.
nail trim clinic
Every Monday, Tuesday & Friday we offer no-appointment necessary nail trim services!
Please drop in between 10am - 3pm.
cost for nail services:
- $20 nail trim - we trim the nail tips
- $25 nail and foot pad trim - we trim nail tips and fur/hair between paw pad
- $30 nail dremel - we gradually sand away the nail bit-by-bit, great for dogs with black nails or older pups with very long quicks
Since opening in 2004 we have made the career choice of spending time with dogs and doing what we love! We look forward to grooming your barking babies ❤️