Our treatments rooms are located in the back of the boutique behind a secure glass door. It features a waiting doggie lounge complete with beds, and three additional gates for safety. Your pet's well-being, safety and comfort is our #1 priority 🐾
waiting play area
triple gate system
From a bath and tidy to the full spa treatment, we'll tailor to your barking babies™ needs with the rrroyal treatment!
We do not cage/kennel* but rather book our grooming sessions one furbaby at a time and provide a gated waiting area for drop-off and pick-up. We want your dog's experience to be fun and as stress-free as possible!
All of our shampoos, conditioners, and cleaning products are chemical free. Let us know in advance if you or your dog have any allergies or skin problems that require special treatment like our hypoallergenic or allergy skin shampoos and conditioners.You may also bring your own medicated shampoo.
Due to the size of our grooming facility, we can only accommodate smaller pups like Yorkies, Maltsee, Poms, Shitzus and other small breeds under 20 pounds.
grooming menu + pricing
The cost for grooming your dog depends on size, breed, style of haircut, de-matting and behaviour. 🐾 Our groomer will give you an estimate at the time of your drop off consultation.
This is a full haircut of the body with bath, blow dry, brush out, ear cleaning, nail/foot trim, sanitary and face trim. For basic groom we use clippers to trim the fur and scissors to shape face & feet. For scissor cut groom, we use moslty scissors to shape the entire coat. Extra fees can occur if we need to de-matt the coat.
scissor cut groom
BATH & TIDY GROOM
This is not a full haircut. The bath & tidy groom is a full bath, blow dry, brush out, ear cleaning, nail/foot trim, sanitary and face trim. The bath & blow groom is a full bath with blow dry, brush out & ear cleaning. Extra fees can occur if we need to de-matt the coat.
bath & tidy groom
bath & blow groom
PUPPY'S FIRST TIME
It can be a really scary experience for Puppy's first groom and this is why we do not offer full service haircut for the first visit. The puppy's first groom is a bath, blow dry, very light brush out, ear cleaning & simple face, foot, nail, sanitary trim as needed. For puppies under 14 weeks of age.
- tiny service: $35 and up
- small service: $45 and up
You can order add on services to your dog's groom:
a la carte
what are matts and de-matting?
We charge $1/minute for de-matting. We will only de-matt if your dog's tolerates it. This is added to you bill.
Dogs groomed on a regular basis adjust and cooperate to the routine of brushing and bathing. Dogs that are not groomed every 4 to 6 weeks may become matted, their fur knotting in many areas that you may not even notice as it can be so close to the skin!
During your consultation with our groomer, they will inform you if there will be an additional charge for de-matting. We remove matts by splitting, thinning and then brushing them out. If matting is too tight to the skin, then the other option is to use our clippers to get under the matts, to the skin line, to humanely remove them.
Double coated dogs like Poms have an undercoat that is short, soft fur that can get packed with dead fur blocking airflow. We comb out these dead hairs which we also call de-matting. We do not shave double coated breeds.
Matting occurs from:
- lack of grooming
- coat overgrowth
- not routinely being brushed
- not being combed through prior to getting wet
- stresses like moving, sickness and travel
Matted coats are also hard on our equipment and in some cases require two haircuts, the first to remove the matted coat prior to bathing and a second to even up the coat after bathing. Health conditions may be revealed by removing a matted coat. We are not responsible for sores, hotspots, redness etc. that get uncovered. You are required to sign a waiver if matts are present to over 25% of the body.
- Cancellations: please call at least 24 hours prior to your appointment to cancel or reschedule.
- If an appointment is missed 2 times, we will take full payment to book next groom.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late to your scheduled appointment, we may not be able to perform your scheduled grooming services (we don't want to keep our other clients waiting!)
- We ask that you pick up your dog within 15 minutes of our call. *Currently during COVID-19, please pick up your dog after we call for pick up to avoid cross contamination. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Should your dog display aggressive behaviour towards our groomers, we will make all attempts to finish grooming your pet with a muzzle. Should your dog bite and break the skin of any of our staff, a $25 fee will be added to your bill. If your dog continues to displays aggressive behaviour and our groomer is unable to complete your appointment, you may be charged a partial fee for the amount of time spent attempting to groom them.
The safety of our staff, other dogs and your dog's well-being is our #1 priority 🐾
We offer grooming services every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9am - 4pm. Closed Mondays.
to book grooming
We have 2 doggie stylists on hand for your grooming needs!
1) Kristy - books Wednesday through to Sunday
2) Veronica - is now taking new clients and grooms every Tuesday
To book for grooming:
Please email email@example.com with your name, your dog's name, your phone number and if you've groomed with us before.
Alternatively, please call us during business hours at 604-647-2275 to book your appointment.
We ask that if you enter barking babies:
- You’re not sick
- You haven’t been anywhere near anyone who’s sick (with or without COVID-19)
- You haven’t returned to Canada from another country (including the US) within the last month
- You use hand sanitizer/antiseptic wipes before you enter, apply a mask if you have one or we will provide
- You follow physical distancing floor signs we've implemented in shop
- You remove all your dogs' belongings prior to drop off for grooming so to prevent cross contamination
- You pick up your dog immediately after we call for grooming to prevent cross contamination
IF DOOR IS LOCKED CALL 604-647-2275 & WE WILL MEET YOU We use top VETERINARIAN sanitation for the grooming area. Our top priority is not just to keep ourselves safe, but also YOU and your dogs. We want everyone to feel confident coming in to purchase or for grooming appointments. We don’t want anybody to feel uncomfortable or unsafe and the only way to do this is if we all respect the directives and follow the same protocols. Be kind to one another.
We will continue to monitor and adapt as necessary to ensure everyone’s safety. Thank you for your cooperation! barking babies 🐾